Top 5 things in Gemma’s suitcase:
1. Swimsuit. Gemma’s ready to swim, wherever she goes.
2. Picture of her sister & mother. Her most prized possession is a picture of herself, her mother, and her sister Harper from when she was a little kid. If she’s going anywhere for an extended period of time, she’ll take it with her.
3. iPod. After her family and swimming, Gemma’s favorite thing is music. Whether she’s riding bike or lying on the beach, her playlist featuring Katy Perry, Cobra Starship, and always sets the mood.
4. Summer dress. Something light and breezy she can throw on over a swimsuit or wear out on a date with the boy next door.
5. Cell phone. Gemma – like most people today – rarely leaves the house without her phone.
Top 5 things Amanda is looking forward to this summer (Batman being at the top of the list of course and hopefully Wake coming out is in there too!)
1. The Dark Knight Rises. I don’t think I’ve been more excited about anything in my whole life.
2. Wake. I’m really excited for my new book to come out, and hear what everybody has to think about it!
3. Fireworks. It may not sound exciting, but watching fireworks on the 4th of July is one of my favorite things to do all year.
4. Swimming. I love swimming, but in Minnesota, there are only about 3 or 4 months a year when I can really do it outside.
5. Writing outside. The porch outside my bedroom is the perfect place to write when it’s nice outside.
5 favorite heroines in novels
1. Jo March – Little Women
2. Anne Shirley – Anne of Green Gables
3. Leslie Burke – Bridge to Terabithia
4. Elizabeth Bennett – Pride & Prejudice
5. Scout Finch – To Kill a Mockingbird